Here’s how to get there:
- Assuming you are starting from the Salt Lake Valley, go south on I-15 to the first Payson exit, exit 250. Take the exit.
- Go left at the end of the exit ramp which should put you on Main Street (aka SR-115). (You are really going south at this point although it may seem like east.)
- Turn left on 100 North, aka SR-198.
- Turn right on 600 East, also called “Peteetneet Boulevard.” This turn is at the top of a hill at a picturesque old school.
- Follow 600 East until it takes you to the mouth of Payson Canyon. At this point note your odometer reading or reset your trip odometer.
- Watch for landmarks at these approximate mileages from the canyon
- 11.1: Payson Lakes Day-use area on the right.
- 11.7: Payson Lakes Campground.turnoff on the right.
- 12.3 Guard station turnoff on the right.
|Google Earth view of the UARC site with respect to the Payson Lakes picnic area and campground.|
Unless you have arranged to stay at the Payson Lakes campground, you will need to bring everything you need with you - including water, food and necessary shelter. Because this site is at a fairly high altitude, you should also bring some warm clothes - even though it is in the middle of June - as it has been known to get down to freezing overnight!
We hope to see you there!